- I use Photoshop CS5.
- Please like the post if you think the tutorial has been useful.
I felt like making a tutorial so i’ve tried to invent a gif and this is what came out so i hope you guys like it :)
- [ STEP 1 ] First of all make your gif as normal. Sharpen the layers, add an action or whatever you want.
- [ STEP 2 ] Go to Layer > New Adjustment Layer > Brightness/contrast and add brightness until you like the result. Now go to Layer > New Adjustment Layer > Gradient map and add a black&white gradient map [check step 3 in this tutorial].
- [ STEP 3 ] Go to Layer > New Fill Layer > Solid color and choose a color. Mine is #ddf6ff. Now change from Normal to Multiply. I also changed the opacity to 60%. Now my Layers window looks like this and my gif like this:
- [ STEP 4 ] Now add the text. I used Silkscreen [download it here]. To justify the text go to Window > Paragraph and click here: . Make sure you put the text in the middle:
- [ STEP 5 ] Make a new layer by going to Layer > New > Layer. Select the Rectangular Marquee Tool  and make a rectangle around the text like this. Then go to Edit > Stroke and put these settings:
- [ STEP 6 ] Go to the Layers window and click in the big white square next to the Color Fill layer (it’s called mask). Then pain it black so you’ll see how it disappears in the parts you’re painting. Now create a new layer and paint it black too. Then change from Normal to Soft Light. Right click in the photo > Deselect. This is how your gif should look like:
You canfinish the gif there but i’m also gonna add a border.
- [ STEP 7 ] Repeat step 5 but instead of making the rentangle around the text, make it like this:
- [ STEP 8 ] Now right click in the photo > Select Inverse and repeat step 6. Your Layers window should look like this:
And your gif like this:
Hope this helps! ^^